Follow the links below to read/view more from these notable presenters. I only made it through Friday morning's scheduled sessions and had to stop myself. You can continue down the rabbit hole by copying these and more presenter name(s) and ", AAC" into your favorite search engine. I know you will be impressed with what you find! Link to the complete Pocket Guide to the Convention to view all of the "AAC" coded sessions, HERE.
AAC Session 1002
Language Sample Collection & Analysis With People Using AAC Systems: Considerations for Ongoing Assessment (Gail Van Tatenhove, Meher Banajee, Tracy Kovach, Jade Coston, Juliann Woods)
- If you haven’t visited lately, CLICK HERE to see theMinspeak materials exchange VanTatenhove has had her hand in and visit her site for free downloads, HERE
- Juliann Woods worked with the Kid Talk program at Vanderbilt and has a lovely presentation slideshow from ASHA 2010, HERE.
AAC Session 1004
Strategies for SLPs Working With Students With AAC Needs in Schools (Dan Phillips, Martha “Michaela” Sullivan & Gloria Soto
- Read an excerpt from the 150 page electronic book on this topic published by Attainment Co. authored by Nancy Robinson & Dr. Soto,CLICK HERE
AAC Session 1049
AAC Revolutionizes Aphasia Therapy: Changes in Cortical Plasticity & Spoken Language Production (Aimee Dietz, Jennifer Vannest, Joe Collier, et. al.)
AAC Session 1050
Teaching Preschoolers With Unintelligible Speech to Produce Rule-Based Sentences: AAC Solutions (Cathy Binger & Jennifer Kent-Walsh, et. al.)
- Not exactly the same topic, but here is a great post on sharing storybooks using AAC, LINK HERE
AAC Session 1051
The Successful Employment of Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorder Who Use AAC (Laura Richardson & David McNaughton
- Take a look at McNaughton’s work on AAC in employment and the workplace in these videos from RERC, HERE
AAC Session 1096
Giving Voice to Augmented Communicators (Rupal Patel, Northeastern U)
- Listen to Patel's intriguing TED talk, HERE
AAC Session 1097
Outcomes of Clinician Training for Integrating Assistive Technology for Cognition in the Rehabilitation of mTBI (Carole Roth, Michelle Wild)
AAC Session 1301
Embedding Augmentative & Alternative Communication in Naturalistic Teaching Sessions (Lauren Hampton, Courtney Wright, Elizabeth Fulller, Ann Kaiser)
- More from these authors on their KidTalk research, HERE
AAC Session 1303
Revisiting the Definition of Communicative Competence for Individuals who require AAC: Research & Evidence-Based Practice (Janice Light; David McNaughton)
- Read and view previous webcasts and ASHA handouts from Light, HERE
Maybe there will be access to handouts or slideshows available after the fact. Keep your eyes open online and let the SCAAC-Network know what you find (email SCAAC-N, CLICK HERE).
If it's any consolation, the convention will be in Denver, CO, November 12-14, 2015. A little closer to home for us CA-types.