The Southern California Augmentative and Alternative Communication Network...
Follow this blog via email at the right.
Friend us on Facebook SoCal AAC
Friday, September 27, 2013
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Found at www.atinternetmodules.org, under the tab "AT Problem Solving Across the Lifespan", this module is a comprehensive review of both free and commercially available AT assessment tools. Some of these tools offer guidance for every step of the AT assessment process while others focus on specific components of AT such as evaluation of AT supports for reading and writing.
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
How many of your AAC users need help understanding, answering and asking questions? Turns out, they are not alone! Join in on this FREE, live webinar Tuesday, 10/1/13 at 1:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) hosted by Enablemart and presented by Mary Wilson, president of Laureate Learning Systems.
It's true, this webinar is aimed at promoting the Laureate software QuestionQuest, but I would bet that all of us creative "speechies" out in the inter-web might be able to glean ideas and insights that w could relate to low-tech therapy situations...you'll never know unless you participate!
How to Help Students Who Have Difficulty Understanding, Answering and Asking Questions
Monday, September 23, 2013
|Pic from valleypbs.org - Thanks!|
Sunday, September 22, 2013
Immediate need for an AAC Specialist in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. This is an opportunity to join our team at the Speech Pathology Group and collaborate with a seasoned AAC Specialist and Assistive Technology Provider. Must be familiar with:
- A range of AAC devices and platforms (i.e. PRC, Saltillo, Tobii)
- AAC apps for Mobile Tablets (i.e. TouchChat, Sonoflex, Proloquo2go)
- A knowledge of alternate access (i.e. EyeGaze, Switch adaptations, Auditory Scanning)
- Low and lite tech AAC (i.e. PECS, Boardmaker, VOCA)
- Strong documentation and writing skills for AAC device funding
- An ability to build capacity with the IEP Team for programming, effective use, and language facilitation with AAC
- CFs with AAC coursework will be considered. Assistive Technology experience is a bonus!
The Speech Pathology Group has developed widespread recognition for providing quality diagnostic and intervention services. This is a direct result of its' unique employee mentoring program and strong, collaborative client relationships. There is opportunity for career advancement and professional growth.
Direct AAC questions to Kathy Beatty, M.A. CCC-SLP, AAC Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact: Mary Piermarini
Thursday, September 19, 2013
...stay tuned for reviews...