(Not directly related to AAC...but very exciting for autism-related professionals in the Pasadena area. Early Early Bird rates through Feb 18 only!)
Three Dimensional Thinkingin Autism and Stress Related Disorders
April 12 - 14, 2013
Expanding Frontiers to Advance Development for Children Across the Lifespan
Pasadena Convention Center300 East Green Street - Pasadena, California
Why attend this ground breaking conference? (from Profectum)
- To view the multiple dimensions of development that build lifelong competencies for relating, thinking, feeling and functioning.
- To apply new research to practical ideas you can implement to benefit your children and their families.
- To learn new ways to deal with stress - yours, your children and their families – to increase resilience.
- To help young adults with an ASD or other special needs build for their future –by connecting their passions to realize dreams.
- To honor T. Berry Brazelton, MD as Profectum’s Inaugural Humanitarian Award recipient.
- To meet and network with colleagues, friends and parents dedicated to the progress of every individual they reach and meet kids and young adults living successfully with an ASD.
|(Link to the full brochure, HERE)|
Profectum comes from the Latin for "advancement or progress,” and Profectum Foundation is dedicated to advancing the development of all children, adolescents and adults with autism and special needs. Profectum recognizes the reality that parents, early intervention programs and schools currently use a number of different intervention approaches – each of which has its own strengths and weaknesses in addressing an individual’s needs. Our DIR®-Foundational Capacities for Development approach provides the basis for parents, multidisciplinary professionals and paraprofessionals working with individuals on the autism spectrum to identify an individual’s needs and bring to bear the best tools and approaches to help address such needs – be it DIR®/Floortime to build the foundational skills or ABA, visual-spatial work, ESDM (EarlyStart Denver Model) or others