LeRoyHaynes Center is seeking a Licensed Speech & Language Pathologist (SLP) to work with both severely emotionally disturbed students and students along the Autism Spectrum attending their non-public school. The SLP’s primary responsibilities are to assess and meet the individual needs of the students through evaluation and diagnosis of speech, language and cognitive-communication.
LeRoy Haynes was established in 1946, and has grown from a small operation serving just a handful of children into one of the largest and most comprehensive non-profit organization of its kind, dedicated to helping children with special needs relating to emotional development, Autism, Asperger’s Disorder, learning disabilities, abuse, neglect and abandonment. Nestled against the backdrop of the San Gabriel Mountains, LeRoy Haynes Center's lush 21-acre campus is located in the city of La Verne at the east end of Los Angeles County.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Provides speech and language therapy for the students.
· Assesses speech and language needs of students eligible for services, as well as yearly progress towards goals.
· Evaluates student performance and progress and documents the student’s Progress Report.
· Attends IEP meetings and student/parent conferences, as necessary.
· Prepares present level of performance section for IEP’s, as well as proposes new goals/objectives.
· Maintains and completes weekly billing summary indicating exact students seen, exact time and dates of sessions and duration of sessions and submits to the NPS/NPA accounting staff daily.
· Maintains a valid California Speech and Language License or Credential.
· Participates in committees, programs, and activities as requested.
· Attends weekly core and team meetings and other meetings, as directed.