Cincinatti Children's Hospital Perlman Center has produced some lovely videos. Please visit their website and join me in drooling over their fantastic-looking facilities (see video, below) at THIS LINK. The following videos are available there, and are also pasted below from YouTube. These might be great intro videos for SLPs that are "AAC-interested" and also SLP grad students. Let's take a look...
2) Intro to Dynamic Display Communication Overview
SLP, Sherry Lanyi, walks through a tour of language and access using dynamic display AAC.
3) Dynamic Display Devices - Language
- Static display
- Dynamic display
- Word prediction
- Dynamic display benefits for visual impairment
- Really simple/brief video demo of some dynamic display devices (Dynavox, PRC, Tobii) - nice!
4) Dynamic Display Devices - Access
Sherry introduces us to some access methods in this succinct video!
- Automatic scanning
- Step through switch & chooser switch
- Head mouse
- Eye control
5) Meet Lianna - Eye Gaze Technology
6) Partner Assisted Scanning (Libby Willig-Kroner, SLP)
7) Picture Symbols for Communication (Jenny Tincher, SLP)
Thanks to Cincinnati Children's Perlman Center!