Good afternoon Los Angeles Assistive Technology Collaborative –
Thank you everyone who was able to attend our meeting last week and a special thanks to Gwendolyn at Villa Esperanza Services for hosting! I wanted to provide a meeting summary and share some resources from our collaborative partners.
COLLABORATIVE PARTNER UPDATES:
· So. Cal AAC Network (Gwendolyn): Hosted fall meeting last week on “iPad Share & Show,” summary and other group announcement/resources can be found at SCAAN’s website: http://scaacn.blogspot.com
· EmpowerTech (Judy): Hosts Open Access Labs on Wednesdays from 330-6 p.m. and on Thursdays from 330-6 p.m. for Seniors. For more information, please visit the EmpowerTech website (LINK)
· Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center – AT Program (Rose & Lauren): Facilitates an adult AAC users group, typically on the 2nd Wednesday from 430-530 p.m. at Lanterman Regional Center. For more information on the program, please visit: http://www.lanterman.org/assistive_technology/ and more specific information on the AAC users groups, please contact Marjorie Gell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213.383.1300 ext. 6340
· AT Network (Rosemarie): Hosted its fall So. Cal. AT Network meeting this week. Other upcoming trainings/events is on 11/29 webinar on “AT in Medi-Cal managed care” presented by LA Care. Other trainings/webinars can be found on: http://www.atnet.org/news-events/calendar.php
· CCS (Kelly): Presented at the OT conference on AAC, spoke on team approach and access. Possibly presenting at the National OT conference in April 2013.
FUTURE COLLABORATIVE PRESENTATION:
· The LA AT Collaborative will be submitting a session application to present at the 9th Annual ATI Conference on Saturday, Feb. 2nd (save the date PDF, HERE) 2013 at the Orange County Dept. of Ed. in Costa Mesa. The session will discuss the collaborative, it’s history, goals & objectives, and speaking about the benefits of collaboration. For those interested in participating in the presentation, please contact me. Further information to follow as the conference nears.
· TASK South Gate Tech Center Open House (LINK) – Saturday, 12/01 9-1 p.m.
· AT Network provides FREE devices loans and reuse items: https://exchange.atnet.org
· CA AT Reuse Coalition: http://californiareuse.org
· 9th Annual ATI Conference – Friday & Saturday, Feb. 1st & 2nd, 2013 (see attached)
· Moving to quarterly meetings, will send out another Save the Date email with the 2013 dates/details
· LAUSD is to host the first quarterly meeting at one of their AT Lending Libraries (LINK to flyer)
Hope everyone has a wonderful & safe Thanksgiving holiday!