Start Date: November 15, 2012
Term of Assignment: 12 months
Application Closing Date: Sunday, 30 September 2012
What does the role involve?
You will work with the staff of Deepshikha (agency) to build their capacity and improve their knowledge and skills in working with children with disabilities and specifically autism. To do this you will:
- Assist community based rehabilitation (CBR) and institution based programmes
- Train staff on Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC)
- Organise workshops on alternative means of communication and enabling staff to work effectively with children with disabilities, especially Autism.
- Assist the existing CBR & Institution based programme
- Organise workshops for staff on alternative means of communication both the theory and practice.