|December 1-2, 2014. Assistive Technology 101 is a two-day, hands-on workshop for those working in an educational or clinical setting helping individuals with disabilities utilize assistive technology to achieve their educational goals and live fulfilling and productive lives. Register for our workshop in the Scottsdale Metro area and receive $100 off (use the promo code to reduce the price from $299 to $199)! Seats are limited, so don’t miss out on this great opportunity to increase your assistive technology knowledge and earn 1.3 RESNA certified CEUs.|
AbleNet has received permission to offer 1.3 RESNA CEUs for this course.
Use promo code AT101SMR during checkout.
CLICK HERE to Register and Watch Video of what folks are saying about this workshop.
|Day 1 - December 1, 2014 (Thursday)|
• Overview: Orientation to learning tools, AT cycle, universal design,
universal design for learning, QIAT, and SETT
• Access: Exploration of a variety of access tools including switches,
computers, and tablets
• AIM: How to develop and deliver effective curriculum materials
• AAC: Low tech to mid-tech to high-tech
• AAC: Develop learning plans
Day 2 - December 2, 2014 (Friday)
• Mobile Technology: Everyday tech as AT, web 2.0 tools, apps, and built in
• Literacy: Tools and strategies for reading, writing, and math
• AT for Sensory: Supports and tools for individuals who are visually
impaired or hard of hearing
• AT for Social Integration: Tools and strategies for individuals with
developmental disabilities and transition into the community, work, or post- secondary education
• AT Trials & Implementation: Strategies to implement AT and QIAT tools
• Personal Learning Network