For the very first time we will be using ZOOM Cloud Meetings in order for participants to join an audio version of our Fall Quarterly Meeting via their computer, iPad, iPhone Android, or by phone. Zoom is simple and easy to use; I tested it on 3 platforms and found it very user friendly. Here are the steps to use Zoom to join Tuesday's meeting (10/21, 6:30-8:30 Pacific Time):
- (Allow 15 minutes)
- Navigate to www.zoom.us in your browser
- Click on Join a Meeting in the header bar
- Enter the meeting ID: 315 249 599
- Follow the prompts to install (FREE; 10 MB, ~5 min to install - may need to approve pop-ups for this site)
- Click on Continue in the pop-up and you're in!
- (Allow 10 minutes)
- Search ZOOM Cloud Meetings in the app store (FREE; 16 MB, ~5 min to install)
- Click OPEN and Join an Meeting at the bottom of the screen
- Enter the meeting ID: 315 249 599, and you're in!
- Call into the meeting at one of these numbers: +1 (415) 762-9988 or +1 (646) 568-7788 normal tolls will apply
- Meeting ID: 315 249 599
- International numbers available, check in advance: https://zoom.us/zoomconference
Many thanks to SCAAC-Networker Yen Walter, SLP, for the tip to try Zoom! We will all cross our fingers that the technology gods are on our side on Tuesday. See you then.