Topics might include anything from Assessment...
- Team Members
- System/Device Selection
- Non-spoken Language Assessment
...and whatever else you want to talk about!
Here are some initial questions: (but we want to hear from you, too!)
- How should I prepare candidates for an AAC evaluation? What should parents do? What should teachers do? What can the speech therapist do? to help the candidate shine when the evaluator comes calling.
- What models/timelines/flowcharts have you seen for the referral process? In school districts, private clinics, through regional center, in hospitals...
- What models/timelines/flowcharts do you use for your assessment activities(both indirect and direct)?
- What can SLPs, SLPAs, and teachers do today to get more AAC into the hands of students that could benefit?
1 - Confidentially via email to email@example.com, enter "Expert" in the subject line
2 - Facebook Message to SoCal AAC
We certainly won't have easy answers or all the answers, but it's bound to be a great discussion.
Join us! And please send your RSVP reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: Tuesday, May 20, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Who: Bring yourself, your curiosity, and a colleague!