Do you receive newsletters from ATEC? Consider contacting them and signing on! Here are some excerpts. If you're in the Orange County (CA) area, pay them a visit. Also, mark your calendars for their annual conference in Costa Mesa, Feb 1, 2013.
New Medicare Requirements for Speech-Generating Devices (SGDs)
Effective October 1st, 2013, Medicare recipients who need an SGD must meet with a physician or non-physician practitioner in order for funding to be considered. The medical personnel must:
1. Have a face-to-face encounter with the client.
2. Complete one of the following services: evaluation, needs assessment or treatment of the medical condition that supports the need for a SGD (must be documented in the physician's prescription).
3. Document the date and details of the face-to-face encounter in the client's medical records.
4. Document if the face-to-face encounter was performed by a physician assistant, nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist.
5. Forward the record of the face-to-face encounter and prescription to the SGD manufacturer.
AT Workshops, Groups & Training Opportunities
ATEC's Assistive Technology Consultation LabsDemonstration and trial of various software and hardware.
Free but reservations required
November 20, 2013
(Appointments: 30 minutes per visitor)
Contact: Lauren Wetzler, Manager at (714) 361-6200 ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: www.atec-oc.org
Download our flyer for our 2014 AT Consultation Lab Dates: AT Consultation Lab Flyer 2014
AAC Users Group "J-Chat"
A fun and exciting group for adults using AAC!
November 20, 2013 from 4-5 p.m.
Contact: Kathy Rausch, SLP at (714) 361.6200 ext. 228 email@example.com