Register FREE online for the 2012 Abilities Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center, March 30-April 1, 2012.
Technology Project Director
Team of Advocates for Special KidsDear Friends:
TASK will be at the Los Angeles Abilities Expo on March 30 - April 1, 2012 at the Los Angeles Convention Center where we would like to introduce you to all the great things we have to offer! In addition to us, there will be nearly 200 suppliers of products and services that will increase your quality of life through new technology, great seminars on important issues and networking opportunities that will meet your specific needs. The expo is FREE and it’s the leading event for people with disabilities, their families, caregivers, seniors, veterans and healthcare professionals.
If you have not pre-registered, you can do so now and receive priority access to the show onsite. Here are just a few of the remarkable things that you will experience:
- The latest products and services for people with ALL disabilities
- Cutting-edge assistive technology for ALL disabilities at the AT Pavilion
- FREE wheelchair repair
- FREE loaner scooters
- Low-cost daily living aids at the Retail Pavilion
- Compelling workshops on the issues that make a difference to you
- Canine assistance demos to learn how dogs can help their human partners
- Medical advice from Dr. David Kipper, radio celebrity and physician to the stars
- The Horse Boy Method, an innovative new therapeutic riding for people with neuro-psychiatric conditions like Autism.
- Meet the stars of Push Girls, a new Sundance channel docu-series that traces the lives of four dynamic women who happen to be in wheelchairs.
- The chance to meet the wolves and parrots from the Lockwood Animal Rescue Center and Serenity Park Sanctuary who help veterans reintegrate into society.
- Free hearing screenings
- Hip-hop wheelchair dancing for the hottest dance moves on wheels
- A kid’s workshop featuring a reading from the author of the popular Wendy on Wheels series
- Adaptive sports like rowing, biking, soccer and tennis
- Essentials for seniors
- Face painting, adaptive pinball and Patches the Clown for kids
- Artist Market featuring the works of local artists with disabilities
- FREE sign language interpreters
- And more!
The website is continually updated with new features so visit http://www.abilitiesexpo.com/losangeles as often as possible. You don't even have to wait for the show to connect with your peers. “Like” the Abilities Expo Facebook Page today and weigh in on timely discussions, post comments on disability issues or get the latest show news...
Abilities Expo Los Angeles is right around the corner so mark your calendar now, Friday, March 30 through Sunday, April 1 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.