Here are some initial questions: (but we want to hear from you, too!)
- How should I prepare candidates for an AAC evaluation? What should parents do? What should teachers do? What can the speech therapist do? to help the candidate shine when the evaluator comes calling.
- What models/timelines/flowcharts have you seen for the referral process? In school districts, private clinics, through regional center, in hospitals...
- What models/timelines/flowcharts do you use for your assessment activities (both indirect and direct)?
- What can SLPs, SLPAs, and teachers do today to get more AAC into the hands of students that could benefit?
Submit your burning AAC Assessment questions for our experts before March 14th one of three ways:
- Confidentially via email to email@example.com, enter "Expert" in the subject line
- Facebook Message to SoCal AAC
- By leaving your comment HERE (link at the tail of this post)
We will host a live panel of experts to take this conversation further on 5/20/14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Pasadena, CA. Don't miss it!