From: Melanie Fried-Oken
To: SIG 12, AAC
Posted: August 8, 2012, 4:04 PM
[Researchers at Oregon Health & Science Univerity] are looking for school-based SLPs and special educators who will be completing IEPs by December 2012 for K-12 students who rely on AAC. As subjects, you will receive $150 gift card for your anonymous participation (which should take about an hour)...Thanks, and enjoy the beginning of your school year!
If you are interested, please read the info from the flyer (included below) and email ICFAAC@ohsu.edu.
· Currently work at least weekly with one student with complex communication needs in grades K-12.
· Are responsible for developing communication-related IEP goals for the student with complex communication needs in grades K-12.
You will be randomly assigned to one of two groups. The first group will use the ICF-CY for AAC Profile, a new tool designed to make IEP goal writing easier, for the target student and create a report before developing the student’s 2012-13 communication-related IEP goals. The other group will use any means that they normally use to develop goals. No identifying information will be collected about the student. Both groups will provide the de-identified communication-related IEP goals and complete a feedback survey about the process.
It should take no more than two hours to complete the requested activities. All participants will receive $150 Target gift card upon completion of study tasks.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please contact: ICFAAC@ohsu.edu and indicate:
1. Whether you are a Special Educator or a School-based Speech-language Pathologist
2. When you anticipate the 2012-2013 IEP meeting for this student (day, month and year)
3. The age and grade of the target student