Read online (link), Steven White & Janet McCarty's answers these pressing questions about reimbursement for Speech-Generating Devices, service codes, funding, etc.:
- Where can I find basic information regarding reimbursement for speech-language pathology services?
- After I learn about reimbursement and coding and the associated terminology, where can I find more specific information about billing for AAC devices and related speech-language pathology services?
- Where can I find the correct codes under the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT; ©American Medical Association) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) for reporting AAC evaluation, treatment, and devices?
- Can I bill for programming/modifying time for an AAC device that is not face-to-face?
- Does Medicaid cover SGDs for children?
- Is there reimbursement for non-dedicated devices?