We’re planning our activities for 2011 and are inviting the Network (you!) to actively participate in creating the content you want from the SCAAC-Network. We will celebrate our first year of existence at our April 26, 2011, meeting, and invite SCAAC-N participants to present their own clinical challenge or case to the group to pose questions, receive feedback, and brainstorm amongst peers.
Examples of clinical challenges or cases might include:
1. An interesting AAC case or situation
2. A clinical challenging situation (feeling stuck, in need of fresh ideas)
3. A student or client with difficulty generalizing communication skills to a group interaction or classroom
4. Accessing general education curriculum through AAC
5. Sharing goal-writing or language expansion challenges
What questions do you have? What issues do you want input on? We encourage you to plan for video samples or other creative means by which to present your AAC casework, and contribute to the discussion. We plan to have between 2 and 4 case discussions at each of 3 SCAAC-N meetings this year; in April, July, and November.
Questions to each of you:
- What do you have that you would like to present to the group?
- What’s your best estimate of the amount of time you will need to present/discuss?
- Which of the following dates would be your first choice? (April 19, July 12, November 15)
(Time will be filled on a first come, first served basis. If we are not able to accommodate all interested presenters, future dates will be available in July and November)
Please reply/sign up at email@example.com